Monday 13 June 2011

Visiting My Uncle in Prison Tommorow

In the morning im heading off on coach down south to visit my Uncle in jail.  He's locked up again on breach of licence accused of burglary & handling stolen goods. looking at 4 years, my Unc has spent most of his life in prison in and out...around 15yrs, so he's served the equivelant of what some people serve for murder.  Im not condoning burglaries, they devestate lives.  Ive done a number of burglaries myself, too many, but my rule was always strictly office's & shipping containers
anyway my auntie says he's feeling about as low as you can get because he feels like he's let everyone down again, he's brought it on himself so i dont feel much sympathy, as i dont really feel all that much sympathy for myself either, but if i can help the guy out then all the better.

Before he went back inside on remand awaiting trial, he spent some of the longest time he's been on the outside in a while, going on holiday, having security, you know....normal shit.  But he's got wrapped up in it all again.

I aint never visited a prison before, to be honest me and my Unc have never been that close, as like i say, he's usually in lock up.  I kept what is happening to myself quiet untill i found out my uncle had been banged up again...he's been inside a couple months and wern't coping well, so i decided to tell my Auntie what was happening to me, and to pass him on a message that im travelling down to see him and to make a booking for me.  She said it helped him to know im facing the same sort of stuff, not in any malicious way atall, just because he must realize that atleast whats coming to him he knows what to expect, where as i am facing the unknown....guess it made him feel a little less sorry for himself which is good.

I'm looking forward to tommorow, ive been on a night time curfew for the past 4 months so have been pretty much under house arrest all this time...the police lifted it when i answered bail, but yeah it was good of the officer to lift that cos now atleast i can have a couple of days out without worryin bout breakin bail restrictions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment